DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE, SPECIAL SCIENTIST POSITIONS
Title : Web-Developer (Special Scientist)
No. of Positions : Four (4)
Type of Positions : Full time (Preferably) / Part-time will also be considered
Category : 24 months employment contract, which may be renewed
The eHealth lab of the Computer Science Department announces a call for 4 Web-Developer positions for full time/part-time employment. We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic developers, at all seniority levels of expertise. The successful candidates will engage in software development activities throughout the software development life cycle under multiple eHealth lab projects funded by the European Union, national bodies, and the industry, across the eHealth
The eHealth lab retains a leading research and development team and has been active for 25 years in Cyprus and in Europe, addressing healthcare sector’s challenges for the benefit of the citizen’s health and wellbeing benefit via high-impact national and European projects.
Working at the eHealth lab is an excellent opportunity for you to join our fast-growing team and carry out top research and innovation in the area of eHealth, connected health, medical imaging, biosignal analysis, intelligent systems and explainable AI, and more recently in mHealth interventions based on X Reality applications. The reliability and robustness of the developed medical software systems (ehealth and diagnostic systems) is evident by the integration and translation into clinical practice in several leading hospitals throughout the world. The lab is strongly collaborating with the Ministry of Health of Cyprus, Nicosia General Hospital, the Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, and the Cardiovascular Disease Education and Research Trust, and other institutions. The eHealth Lab is also certified by ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems.
Some of the ongoing projects that are currently implemented by the eHealth lab are:
- EU Digital Covid Certificate (EU-DCC)
- Integrated national eHealth Ecosystem
- Deployment of Generic Cross Border eHealth Services in Cyprus
- Moreover, the ehealth lab is collaborating with Molecular Medicine Research Center (MMRC) of the Center of Excellence, biobank.cy, of the University of Cyprus for the CY-Biobank “Biobanking and the Cyprus Human Genome Project “
More information about the ongoing projects of the eHealth lab can be found at ehealth Lab website.
Experience Required for the Available Positions
1+ year industry/research experience in the technologies described in the Duties and Responsibilities below.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidates will be responsible for carrying out one or more of the below duties and responsibilities:
• Design, development, modification, debugging, testing and maintenance of software solutions according to the functional and non-functional software requirements.
• Build rapid prototypes and work on fast paced projects.
• Preparation of project reports and deliverables and demonstration of the software solutions to stakeholders.
• Carry out requirements analysis and document specifications.
• Carry out software testing and validation requirements.
• Follow software engineering standards, software development methodologies and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable and scalable.
• Ensure the compliance with security concepts and frameworks such as ISO 27001, EU Regulations related to security, black box testing and white box testing.
• Extensive knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and SOLID principles.
• Experienced in software development with Java and C#.
• Experience in Frontend Frameworks (preferably Angular 2+).
• Solid experience with RESTful technologies.
• Focus on Quality with experience in Test Driven Development.
• Knowledge of version control principles and experience with Git, GitLab or other version control system.
• Solid experience with SQL and ability to handle complex SQL statements.
• Familiar with Kubernetes and Docker.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Skills
• Degree in Computer Science or any other related Information Technology field
• Verbal and written fluency in English.
• Team player and ability to work within a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work within the context of a cross-functional team.
• Autonomous in carrying out work & flexibility towards the range of tasks.
• Excellent communication, planning and organization skills. Good interpersonal skills.
• Willing and open to take on new tasks and challenges.
• Work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews.
• Ability to work with remote teams/stakeholders.
• Experience in working within a multicultural environment.
• Professional Certifications.
The positions is on a contract basis of two years and it is subject to renewal based on performance and eHealthLab’s projects availability.
The monthly gross salary range is between €1700 and €6000 depending on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise. From this amount, employee and employer contributions will be deducted. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. Medical insurance is provided by the General Health System - GHS. The position does not include private medical insurance coverage. Maternity leave will be granted based on Social Insurance Laws from 1980 until 2012.
i. Cover letter that clearly specifies full-time/ part-time employment availability date and a short summary of prior work experiences, activities and accomplishments.
ii. A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address and telephone number should be included).
iii. Identify at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
iv. Copies of transcripts of the BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s) will be asked before signing the official employment contract.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).